Analyze Your Live Data for Operational Intelligence
Take Action Immediately by Analyzing Live, Operational Data
ComputeServer combines distributed, in-memory storage with a scalable compute engine to enable blazingly fast, data-parallel computation on live, fast-changing data. This gives you “operational intelligence” – the ability to analyze data in real time and provide immediate insights and feedback within live, operational systems. Now you can capture perishable business opportunities in your live data as they happen.
The benefits of ComputeServer Include:
- Fast, In-Memory Computing — ScaleOut ComputeServer delivers in-memory computing in a form that’s ideal for operational intelligence. It combines ScaleOut’s industry-leading, in-memory data grid with an integrated, data-parallel compute engine to create a breakthrough platform for building applications that generate real-time results. Unlike pure streaming or event processing systems, such as Storm or Spark Streaming, ScaleOut ComputeServer makes it easy to track and correlate fast-changing data using an in-memory, object-oriented model. Blazingly fast and scalable data-parallel computing identifies important patterns and trends in this data with extremely low latency so that immediate feedback can be generated and action taken. Now operational intelligence is both possible and within easy reach.
- Data-Parallel Computing Made Easy — ScaleOut ComputeServer makes data-parallel computing extremely easy for application developers to learn and use by integrating it with popular programming languages such as Java and C#. Called “parallel method invocation” (PMI), this approach lets developers write data-parallel computations as language-defined methods on collections of objects stored in the in-memory data grid. ScaleOut ComputeServer automatically deploys the code and runs these methods in parallel across the grid. PMI-based applications are simple to write, debug, and maintain — and they run extremely fast.
- Low-Latency and Scalable Performance— Operational intelligence needs to be able to maintain low latency even as the system it tracks increases its workload. ScaleOut ComputeServer makes this easy. Performance scaling simply requires adding servers to the in-memory data grid, which automatically redistributes and rebalances the workload to take advantage of the new servers. Storage capacity, access throughput, and compute power all grow linearly, and execution times stay fast.
An overview of ComputeServer's capabilities includes:
- Integrated Parallel Query - ScaleOut ComputeServer integrates parallel query into PMI to select objects for analysis, providing a simple, object-oriented filter based on object properties. This can dramatically reduce the processing workload and shorten compute times.
- Global Merging of Results = - To expedite feeding results back to an operational system, ScaleOut ComputeServer adds a unique feature to combine results. Developers define a method for merging results, and then PMI runs this method in parallel across all servers to generate a single, globally-combined result.
- Industry-Leading Ease of Use - Let’s face it. Complicated parallel processing frameworks are intimidating. ScaleOut ComputeServer was specifically designed to lower the barriers to adoption and get you up and running quickly.
- Automatic Deployment - ScaleOut ComputeServer takes ease of use a step further by automating all deployment steps. Using a unique software concept called an “invocation grid,” it lets the application developer pre-stage the execution environment by shipping all required executable programs and libraries to grid servers.
- ScaleOut Management Pack™ Included! - To further simplify application development, ScaleOut ComputeServer comes bundled with ScaleOut Management Pack which includes comprehensive tools for observing, managing, and archiving grid-based data.