Streaming Analytics Empowers Businesses for Instantaneous Decision Making
Streaming analytics involves a constant up-to-the-second flow of current information in business activities and can include data from multiple sources, such as market data, "The Internet of Things," mobile, clickstreams, sensors, and transactions.The untapped potential of this technology can put businesses "ahead of the curve" competitively, being able to act and react immediately to current situations by gaining information in real-time.
As of 2014, there has been a 66% increase in the use of streaming analytics within 2 years, with the capabilities of this new technology encompassing:
- The ingestion of big data from market data, transactions and business processes, and making it available for analysis nearly instantly.
- Performing streaming analytics on a heterogeneous set of data sources.
- Discovering patterns in the data to reveal insights relevant to business challenges and opportunities.
- Automating intelligent actions based on complex rules specific to each company and each situation.
- Providing visual alerts and visual dashboards to support fast decision-making.