ScaleOut GeoServer DR® and GeoServer®
Integrate Multiple Data Centers for Disaster Recovery and Global Access
Enterprises often use multiple data centers to spread out the workload and provide a hedge against data center-wide outages. ScaleOut GeoServer extends the power of ScaleOut’s in-memory data grid across multiple sites to keep mission-critical data continuously available — and to allow seamless access worldwide.
ScaleOut GeoServer DR (a subset of ScaleOut GeoServer) seamlessly integrates into this recovery strategy by automatically synchronizing the contents of ScaleOut’s in-memory data grids (IMDGs) at up to eight sites. This product continuously replicates updates to memory-based data from a local IMDG to one or more remote IMDGs, keeping fast-changing workloads protected against site-wide failures.
ScaleOut GeoServer adds breakthrough technology to ScaleOut GeoServer DR that seamlessly combines in-memory data grids (IMDGs) at multiple sites into one, “virtual” IMDG, enabling fully transparent access, regardless of where the data is stored. Now IMDGs can be interconnected to provide remote data access and automatic data caching across sites on demand.
The benefits of GeoServer Include:
- Fast, Asynchronous Replication — ScaleOut GeoServer DR was designed to replicate updates to live data as fast as possible and with minimal impact on access performance. It uses asynchronous, pipelined, “push” replication, which quickly delivers updates to remote sites while avoiding delays to local accesses. It also automatically scales network bandwidth as servers are added to the IMDGs to handle growing workloads.
- Transparently Access Data from Remote Sites — ScaleOut GeoServer adds breakthrough technology to ScaleOut GeoServer DR that seamlessly combines in-memory data grids (IMDGs) at multiple sites into one, “virtual” IMDG, enabling fully transparent access, regardless of where the data is stored. Now IMDGs can be interconnected to provide remote data access and automatic data caching across sites on demand.
- Migrate Data on Demand — With ScaleOut GeoServer, now IMDGs can transparently span multiple sites, automatically migrating data between sites on demand. Applications use the grid’s familiar distributed locking APIs to pull data from a remote site and ensure that updates are fully synchronized. This powerful feature takes ScaleOut GeoServer beyond global data access to full global data integration.
An overview of GeoServer's capabilities includes:
- Optional SSL Support - Replicated data is fully protected from intrusion using either a virtual private network or optional, secure socket connections (SSL).
- Support for “Live-Live” Configurations - ScaleOut GeoServer DR fully supports bi-directional replication, allowing all data centers to fully participate in handling the workload.
- Caching of Remote Data - ScaleOut GeoServer automatically caches copies of data that have been accessed from a remote site, and it lets applications conserve WAN bandwidth by configuring how often to refresh cached data over the WAN.
- Built-In Performance Scaling - ScaleOut GeoServer uses a fully peer-to-peer architecture to automatically deliver maximum performance. All grid servers at each site participate equally in remote data replication and global data access, maximizing both the throughput and scalability of these operations.